Whether for screen, stage, or book, I tell timely, international stories about women chafing against society and people who feel out of place.
As of the end of 2022, I have a number of projects for film and TV in development, including original TV commissions in both the US and UK, and an independent feature supported by Ffilm Cymru Wales and BFI Network. I’m a member BAFTA Connect and Writers Ink London, and was a mentor for the 2021 Fem Script Lab.
I also do freelance script consulting.
My drama pilot HOMEGROWN has received a number of accolades:
- Official Selection, 2018 New York TV Festival Scripts
- Best Original Drama, 2019 CineStory TV Fellowship; I attended their 2019 retreat
- Long-list, 2019 BBC Drama Script Room (top 4% of 3634 scripts)
- Finalist, WGA East‘s 2019 Made in NY Writers Room Fellowship
- Second round, 2019 Sundance Episodic Lab
- Semi-finalist, 2019 PAGE International Screenwriting Awards
- Finalist, 2019 C21 Drama Series Script Competition, pitched at Content London
I am an alumna of Alan Kingsberg’s TV Writing workshop, as well as of the Sackett Street Writers’ Workshop, where I workshopped part of my novel about the Spanish Civil War.
As a founder of Abbott & West Productions, I produced, direct, hosted, and edited the food and travel web-series The Innocents Abroad with my co-founder, Nora Chovanec.
See what else I’m up to on my (rarely updated) IMDb.
If you’d like to be in touch, my UK agent is Steven Russell at Collective Talent.