I’ve been telling stories since before I could write, put on my first play at age 7, and directed my first movie at age 12. These days, I tell stories about women chafing against society and examine what it means to be a good person in a broken world.
As of spring 2021, I have a number of projects for film and TV in development, including original TV commissions in both the US and UK, and an independent feature supported by Ffilm Cymru Wales and BFI Network. I’m a member of Writers Ink London and am a mentor for the 2021 Fem Script Lab. I also do freelance script consulting.
My drama pilot HOMEGROWN has received a number of accolades:
- Official Selection, 2018 New York TV Festival Scripts
- Best Original Drama, 2019 CineStory TV Fellowship; I attended their 2019 retreat
- Long-list, 2019 BBC Drama Script Room (top 4% of 3634 scripts)
- Finalist, WGA East‘s 2019 Made in NY Writers Room Fellowship
- Second round, 2019 Sundance Episodic Lab
- Semi-finalist, 2019 PAGE International Screenwriting Awards
- Finalist, 2019 C21 Drama Series Script Competition, pitched at Content London
I regularly write true crime podcasts for Spotify’s Parcast Network (for example, listen to this one if you like unsolved mysteries, this one if you want to learn just how weird North Korea is, or this one if you’re interested in 1970s Italian politics) and audio dramas in the BBC’s Doctor Who universe, for Big Finish Productions. These include “Catfish”, an episode of the Doctor Who TV spinoff Class, and “The Dancing Plague,” in an anthology starring the Fifth Doctor, Peter Davison.
See what else I’m up to on my (rarely updated) IMDb.
If you’d like to be in touch, my UK agent is Steven Russell at Collective Talent.